Thursday, May 30, 2013

Paris: Breakfast at Rue Mouffetard

We didn't do much on our first night in Paris. After meeting our host and passing over the keys, we went out to explore the neighbourhood (near Poissoniere metro station). At first we wanted to go for dinner at Chatier (along Rue du Faubourg Montmartre) which is famous for their cheap French cuisine. Unfortunately, we were a little late so by the time we wanted to queue for it the manager said they are done for the night. Oh well. We decided to save it on our list and come back to try our luck the following night. (alas we made it! talk about it next time)

I don't know why but every single time I go for vacation, the first dinner is always super simple and spontaneous. Guess what, we ended up tapao-ing Kebab and Falafel back to our apartment HAHA. The reason was that we saw Glacier Amorino nearby and I think all of us were like..


 

"Screw dinner. Let's just eat this" 


 

This Shuai Ge couldn't speak fluent English so we had to speak broken French to him while he speak broken English to us haha! He got our orders right though :)

Oh by the way, Amorino is a famous Gelato chain from Paris, founded by Italians.


Pistachio and coffee flavour I think. It tastes much much better in real life than it looks like in this photo. And the rest of the night was just us having slumber party in our apartment. Ok just kidding. We slept pretty early!


Because we know we're going to eat lots of good food the next day ^_____^


First stop of the day: Rue Mouffetard.


Basically, it's a beautiful long cobbled street full of bakeries, cafes, markets and restaurants etc.





Fresh seafood on sale~


Ham, sausages, salami and more. It was a Sunday morning so lots of people came out for breakfast and their weekly grocery shopping I guess.


I love this picture! Not because of me of course (though i look nice also lah hahaha) but seriously
the background is just.. ♥___♥

*inserts accordian music* *dances around like Madeline*


The first bakery of our Paris trip! Les Chants De Ble- a name I don't even know how to pronounce properly.. huhu


All my life I've been in love with pastries..and these are just eye candy!


*insert heavenly harp music*


O____O Croissants, in Paris! Ultimate drool.

Trip companions! From left, Ika, Jia Huey, Judith, Melody and then Charmaine.

Breakfast by a Parisan street ♥ Munching on probably the best butter croissants in the world.

I know right.

I envy myself too.


Walked into a small souvenir shop and secretly took some pics.



Next stop, La Maison Des Tartes! Apparently, it's one of the top recommended eateries in Paris. I know nothing, to be honest. For Paris, all of us were so lucky to have Jia Huey as our 'tour guide'.

She had been to Paris with her family before so she has got a sound idea of places we must not miss. So we literally just followed her everywhere and damn, she really didn't let us down. All of the places we stopped by were amazing.


This one for instance. It was kinda hard to find if you don't know. It's a pretty small cafe. but with treasures inside!


Tart with ham. So gooey and eggy all over! I love it so much I am not even trying to lie.


This picture is not exaggerating at all (even though they look like they were trying hard) 

 

Tomato tart! (with something else I forgot) since Ika couldn't take the ham one.

 

Hello It's me again. Sorry ah, but mei ban fa, this is my blog. HAHA!


 

Following our 'tour guide'! :) And that little French boy is so cute he actually ran towards me when he saw me taking photo :3




There were a lot of cool bookstores like these everywhere. If only we had more time I wouldn't mind spending some time inside.

Hmm sounds so romantic...as if I can read French.


French people chilling in the cafe with their kids on a Sunday morning. I say they really know how to enjoy life.




Crepes! ^___^ Enough said. 


 Dropped by the famous Anthony Bosson along the way for a another round of breakfast, just because we wanted to.

It was so hard to resist ourselves when we walked pass the bakery.

Anyway, after filling up our tummies, we walked to the iconic Notre Dame cathedral to start out our touristy itinerary. But I shall write about it in another post.

There you go. It was indeed a picturesque and delicious Sunday Morning. Though the weather wasn't good at all.

Thinking back, personally I would say this is one of the best part of my whole Easter Europe trip.

I just love food hunts for some reasons. Back in Penang, whenever I have friends coming over to visit, I will always bring them to Georgetown for rounds and rounds of great hawker food. So I guess what we did here in Rue Mouffetard was sort of the same thing; just that instead of Koey teow tng and wan tan mee, we had baguettes and croissants.