Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Sightseeing: Hotel Penaga

I was having lunch with daddy in Georgetown yesterday when we happened to pass by this row of eye-catching reconstructed heritage building.





Converted from pre-war shop houses, this boutique hotel has infused its every space with modern amenities while preserving the heritage side of the building. It's a perfect blend of the old and new I would say.

Piqued by curiosity we went in to look around.


A mini swimming pool beside the hotel's restaurant. 

Pretty cool but I thought it's for kids only. I wouldn't want to swim in that small space (as if I'm very big sized) but that's not the point. My main concern is that..People eating in the restaurant can see you quite clearly. Isn't this awkward :P

 

I adore those coloured glass panels...

 

and the patterned tiles.. 

hmm they have got a lift. not bad..

 


You can definitely detect the nostalgic ambiance of Old Penang here.
The vintage houses where my paternal grandparents used to stay when they were still young.


 Didn't get to see their rooms but apparently they must be really beautiful inside.
RM450 per night. hmm....

A cool mural by local artist behind the hotel.


I wouldn't mind to pay and stay over if I'm not a Penangite ;P
too bad I am. oh well.