Sunday, September 09, 2012

Ravings before leaving


Last week was pretty happening.

A few buddies came over to Penang island and I sort of became an amateur tour guide. It was really fun and tiring at the same time, but most importantly I was happy to actually have some serious food trip before flying off (man, I cannot follow boys for food how can they eat so much hahaha they're like black holes!) Then, Visa application finally done (thanks to the delayed cas letter -.-) Then off for some shopping where I bought the largest amount of stationery ever in my entire student life. It feels kind of nice, getting the chance to throw everything I want into the shopping basket. Anyway voila, most things to be ticked off the list are all over.


Now once again, I'm struck by the truth of the world's most cliche saying- that time really flies. I took a quick glance at the calendar a few seconds ago and realised that I'm about to leave my hometown in one week's time. Like, 7 days left in Malaysia.(゚д゚lll)

It's not my first time leaving home. This time, however, is going to be so much different compared to the last time I left home. I am going to leave my family, temporarily migrate and settle down in a foreign land full of strangers with thick accents. In fact, I've already found out a few ang moh's that's going to be staying in the same student house as me.

Ah, that awkward feeling when you stare into that person's fb profile, convincing yourself "oh hey this person's my future housemate. oh I hope he/she's a nice person to stay with.."

*inhales* Keep your mindset open, Grace. It's going to be an amazing year ahead! *YOLO.

Forced to play Club Penguin's cards with baby sister. It's extremely lame and boring for me, but she loves it. So, oh well, why not.

Somehow I have a really mixed feeling right now. And that's not a good sign.

I'm saying this because God knows when am I coming back to Malaysia again. Probably next year's summer break but still, I need to friggin wait for 9 months or so. Mum and Dad promised to visit me during winter, but they aren't going to bring any of my sisters along :(

Wonder if I would bawl like a baby the minute I bid farewell to my family at the airport. Hmm. Big chance I reckon.